Friday, April 22, 2011

A Petit Plume Proposal


Sunday, April 17th, 2011

a busy day of church, appointments and meetings for both of us..

TANGENT: last night, Daniel was over at my house and he helped me clean my room. I found this coral nail polish I had been looking for and immediately put it on! Daniel was like…what are you doing? You need to clean your room! Turns out that my nails totally matched this skirt I got a while back and was waiting for the right weather to wear it and it all just happened to match my ring!! haha!

We were both pretty tired after the busyness of our days, so we ended up knocking out! (I guess this was to avoid talking to me?…)

He has told me earlier this week that Jim and Annie were in town and wanted to get dinner with us tonight at Downtown Disney at The Jazz Kitchen…, so to make it “more fun and romantic”, he said, “let’s take the train!” We have taken the train in the past and it was quite fun, so I agreed…

Daniel looked pretty normal… usually I can figure him out really well…

I had a few suspicions and did think, “is he going to propose to me?, but I really believed we would get dinner at Downtown Disney and I had no clue on how he was going to do this because I am quite hard to surprise…

So we went on the train and it was actually quite crowded…he was searching for the right spot to sit without many people… I was like…just sit wherever! but we found a spot with one other person inside…

right when we sat down, he said, “we don’t have a lot of time.. and we are not going to Downtown Disney” (i was confused)

Then he look at me in the eyes and held my hands and said things like he loved me and wanted to be with me, but I interrupted him and was like, “What are you doing?!?!…

and then he was on one knee (while this guy walked in awkwardly…) and he opened the box with the ring and I was like…. “Really?!?”

and he said, “Genie, will you marry me” (I think he said this…)

and I said with nervous laughter, “yes..ok!”

then he put the ring on my finger as he said, “This is the right hand right?”

and then we looked at each other and laughed and said…”So we’re engaged?!?”

and then it was quiet and that other guy still looked awkward…

Then it was our stop in Downtown Fullerton and we got off the train and I saw a bajillion balloons and people and I was like, “Oh My Gosh….!!!!” and he had to drag me over there…

and then it was an explosion of Congratulations and happy people and I was getting all teary..

and THEN, he said, we are all going to walk over to FRATI for gelato on Me! and then I almost LOST it completely!

So I didn’t really cry when he popped the question, but cried about Frati… Wow…

Celebrated with friends at FRATI and then headed over to korean restaurant with both of our moms, dads, and brothers…

I thought about it a little more and was wondering, Why a train? and Why Fullerton?

TRAIN:

and then it hit me later, in our private blog…my last entry was “Marry Me by Train”…but it was Train the band..

I put that video up because I randomly heard it and thought..That is “So Sappy” ! and also because I really did want to Marry Him… (I almost deleted that entry..puaha)

So Daniel wrote as a comment right before the proposal, “okay.”

and just a few weeks ago, we took the train for the first time to San Juan Capistrano for a mini day trip and it was a fun memory!…

FULLERTON,

…well..I know that area like the back of my hand… I spend a lot of time eating, drinking and shopping out there…so Downtown Fullerton…does have a special place in my heart and Daniel and I have spent quite some time out there together!

BALLOONS:

not sure if he thought about all these things, but Daniel and I love the movie “Up”

so thanks for all the balloons, but we had to pop most of them to get them inside the trunk..haha!

and Now, we need to plan the wedding… because our parents are already asking us a bunch of questions…

Here’s us:





The pretty rose gold peach champagne ring:




More to come and thanks to all who celebrated with us!

(I think Daniel would have a more sappy and detailed entry than me...hahh... I'll put his version up later ;)


1 comment:

  1. Cuuuute story, but your pics aren't showing up! I want to see the ring! ;)

    ReplyDelete

A Few Photos!